Bamboo Charcoal Peanut
Taste test: These coated peanuts looked much different from other ones we've tried. Between their black surfaces (much blacker than the dark purplish blue ones pictured on the bag) and the "Charcoal" name, we figured that they were burned in some way.
We crunched in to find that they didn't taste burnt at all, and in fact, they tasted quite good, with a very mildly sweet coating working well with the peanut within. The ingredients did actually include something called Bamboo Charcoal Powder, and some quick Interweb research revealed that it's pretty much what it sounds like, made from burning bamboo. Very good!
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Kind of peanutty and sweet
From the package: “Product of Taiwan”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Andrew Schwartz in Seattle. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road