Anand Kappalandi Masala Batter Fried Spicy Peanuts
Taste test: This large bag contained lots of peanuts with a bumpy orange coating covering roughly half of the exteriors. They looked very different than other starch-coated peanuts, as the irregular surface was a big departure from others with a thicker and smoother coating.
We crunched in to find a good crunch and a whole lot of flavor, as the Indian spices in the coating were intense and fairly hot. The spices mixed well with the taste of the peanuts, but the heat was sufficiently intense that it helped to have a beverage handy to cool things down. Very good!
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Strong peanut smell, with some Indian spices noticeable too.
From the package: “Indian cuisine has the rich array of delicious snacks, commonly known as Namkeen. The essence of Indian Namkeen lie in the perfect blend of spices and ingredients to give unique and mouth-watering tastes. Namkeen are common evening tea-time snacks and tasty side-dishes during dinner.”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Company: Babco Foods International LLC
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from India (98 reviews)
- Nuts (517 snacks)
- Coated Peanuts (45 snacks)
- Masala snacks (20 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2018
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Doritos 3D's Nacho Cheesier
We tweet every review!
- Euro Chips Classic Salted Potato Chips
- Toddy Malhado com Gotas Brancas e Pretas
- Like Home Sponge Cake
- Gopal Wafers Salty Punch
- Lay's Creme Brulee Milk Tea
- Lacta Lancy
- Ruffles Double Crunch Spicy Cheddar Jack
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road