Anand Kappalandi Masala Batter Fried Spicy Peanuts
Taste test: This large bag contained lots of peanuts with a bumpy orange coating covering roughly half of the exteriors. They looked very different than other starch-coated peanuts, as the irregular surface was a big departure from others with a thicker and smoother coating.
We crunched in to find a good crunch and a whole lot of flavor, as the Indian spices in the coating were intense and fairly hot. The spices mixed well with the taste of the peanuts, but the heat was sufficiently intense that it helped to have a beverage handy to cool things down. Very good!
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Strong peanut smell, with some Indian spices noticeable too.
From the package: “Indian cuisine has the rich array of delicious snacks, commonly known as Namkeen. The essence of Indian Namkeen lie in the perfect blend of spices and ingredients to give unique and mouth-watering tastes. Namkeen are common evening tea-time snacks and tasty side-dishes during dinner.”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Company: Babco Foods International LLC
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at India Market, Waltham. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road