Wicked Cutz Jerky Handcrafted with Premium Uncured Bacon Old Fashioned Maple
Taste test: This jerky most definitely looked like bacon, with thick strips bearing bacon's signature stripes, plus it had some sparse sugary-looking bits on the surfaces. The combination of maple and bacon is a familiar one, so I couldn't wait to taste it.
I grabbed a piece and bit in to find a very different feel from most jerky, as the maple sugar gave it a slightly crunchy feel at times, like crystallized sugar, while still having some jerky-like chewiness. The surprise here was twofold, in that the maple taste was very subtle — I could taste some sugar, but hardly any maple — and the expected smokiness of the bacon was largely absent. So this ended up being quite different from Wicked Cutz's Sriracha Bacon Jerky, not just for the missing heat, but because the sweetness and intensity of flavor were both quite a lot lower.
Shop: Buy meat snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice smoky bacon smell, some sweetness too.
From the package: “We believe you deserve a better jerky. Jerky that is so artfully crafted that inspires an instinctual reaction of high fives and fist bumps, not polite head nods. Jerky that delivers a satisfaction so good that I can only be rivaled by tapping out a full grown grizzly with your bare hands.”
Online store: Buy meat snacks on Amazon #ad
Company: Warrell Corporation
Categories for this snack:
- Bacon Flavor Snacks (140 snacks)
- Meat Snacks (131 snacks)
- Maple Snacks (33 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2019
This snack was contributed to Taquitos.net by the manufacturer. Review published October 2019.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
- Jacob's Baked Crinklys Cheese & Onion
- Trolli Sour Crunchy Crawlers
- Yupi Gople Con Todo Original
- Marilan Tartelette Lime
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road