Vermont Uncured Pepperoni Turkey Stick
Taste test: This stick had a round profile, except for a flat bottom, and the exterior had a dark red color, kind of brownish. When I took my first bite, I found a much, much lighter red-orange color for the interior.
The feel was somewhat dry, but not overly so, with a slightly tangy taste, probably less intense than most pepperoni, but still plenty tasty. I don't think I would have known that it was turkey from the taste alone — nor that it was supposed to be pepperoni. But it was pretty good. I was fairly hungry for some protein when I tried it, and I ended up eating the whole stick pretty quickly.
Shop: Buy meat snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mild, but like pepperoni.
From the package: “No nitrites or nitrates added except those naturally occurring in sea salt & celery juice powder” ... “Turkey raised without antibiotics” ... “No added hormones” ... “Vegetarian fed” ... “Made in Vermont with turkey purchased from the U.S.”
Online store: Buy meat snacks on Amazon #ad
Company: Vermont Smoke & Cure
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Verrill Farm, Concord, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Blekis Bléo Crème
- Snickers Peanut Brownie
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road