Oberto Jalapeño Bacon Jerky
Taste test: This jerky was cut into fairly thick strips, noticeably thicker than regular bacon, with a reddish brown color and some lighter seasoning bits on the surfaces. The pieces were flexible and didn't look crisp like conventional bacon, nor were there obvious stripes.
I bit in to find quite an explosion of flavor, not just a smoky bacon flavor, but one more dominated by the spices. The heat really came along in the aftertaste, quite nice kick of it. A mild burn lingered in the mouth for quite a while, but the major heat was relatively brief. Excellent taste, excellent texture. I shared the rest of the bag with a group of snackers, and everyone who got to eat a piece before the bag ran out was thrilled. (The other bacon jerky we reviewed, from Wild Bill's, had a more conventional bacon flavor, without the spices, and a somewhat more rigid feel.)
Shop: Buy meat snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Not the usual smoky bacon smell. More of a mix of that and jerky.
From the package: “Made with 100% real bacon” ... “God source of protein” ... “Made with real jalapeños” ... “Minimally processed” ... “Oberto jerky is made for anyone with an appetite for life.”
Online store: Buy meat snacks on Amazon #ad
Company: Oberto Sausage Co.
Categories for this snack:
- Hot Snacks (1020 snacks)
- Jalapeno Chips (240 snacks)
- Bacon Flavor Snacks (138 snacks)
- Meat Snacks (127 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Ocean State Job Lot. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- Cheetos Flavor Shots Cheddar Jalapeño Asteroids
- Pocky Choco Mint
- Bronoir Brownie Chocolate Chip Cookie
- StarKist Creations Microwavables Tuna Latin Citrus
- Elite Caramel
- Passatempo Sabor Chocolate
- StarKist Tuna Creations Ranch
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road