Jack Links Screamin' Jalapeño Beef & Cheese 7 Select Exclusive Flavor
Taste test: This combination beef-and-cheese pack was the first time we've seen a Jack Links flavor that was an exclusive for 7-Eleven, though not the first time we've seen spicy cheese and beef in a package like this. The beef stick had a round(ish) profile and looked like a typical beef stick. The cheese was square, with some green and red pepper bits showing through in places. Both were about 6 inches long.
I bit in to the beef to find a fairly typical beef stick texture and taste, fairly tough, especially the outer skin, with a good beef taste, but it didn't seem to be spiced with jalapeños at all. (A close look at the Ingredients seemed to indicate that the jalapeno was only in the cheese, so putting it right before Beef in the product name was misleading. And since the beef was just a regular beef stick, the only really exclusive part was the cheese.) The cheese was a real surprise when I bit in — it had a super-light feel, incredibly soft, quite different from any other cheese stick I've eaten. It tasted like American cheese or Cheez Wiz initially, then some spicy hot kick arrived for the aftertaste. Good cheese. But overall, the combination of beef and cheese was less hot than I anticipated.
Shop: Buy meat snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very tangy and rich in both cases, but not really any heat
From the package: “BHA, BHT & citric acid added to help protect flavor” ... “Pasteurized process cheese with jalapeño peppers”
Online store: Buy meat snacks on Amazon #ad
Company: Link Snacks, Inc.
Categories for this snack:
- Hot Snacks (1061 snacks)
- Cheese (317 snacks)
- Jalapeno Chips (245 snacks)
- Meat Snacks (131 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2020
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
- Jacob's Baked Crinklys Cheese & Onion
- Trolli Sour Crunchy Crawlers
- Yupi Gople Con Todo Original
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road