Trader Joe's Watermelon Jerky
Taste test: This one sounded weird, so I had to try it. The "jerky" consisted of very thin slices of dried watermelon, and it looked pretty much just like that, with seeds included. Most of the pieces had the intense red of a watermelon, but some were largely white, or a mix of red and white, so apparently they included that stuff near the rind that generally goes uneaten.
I bit in to find a chewy feel that was indeed jerky-like, though nobody would actually mistake the texture for meat. It had an intense watermelon flavor, very sweet (despite no added sugar!), though less intense for the white pieces. Much like real water-filled watermelon, it left some sticky, sugary stuff on my fingers!
Shop: Buy Trader Joe's food on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Smells like other kinds of dried fruit, but only remotely like watermelon.
From the package: “Ingredients: Organic Watermelon.” ... “may contain traces of almond, coconut, hazelnut and walnut.” ... “Product of Turkey” ... “Serving size 1 package (56g)”
Online store: Buy Trader Joe's food on Amazon #ad
Company: Trader Joe's
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Trader Joe's. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- Trolli Sour Brite Llamas
- Cheetos Flavor Shots Cheddar Jalapeño Asteroids
- Pocky Choco Mint
- Bronoir Brownie Chocolate Chip Cookie
- StarKist Creations Microwavables Tuna Latin Citrus
- Elite Caramel
- Passatempo Sabor Chocolate
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road