Pop-Tarts Frosted Watermelon
Taste test: This was one of the crazier Pop-Tarts flavors we've heard of, so it definitely seemed worth a try. Most of the top surface of each piece was covered with a pink frosting, a good match for watermelon's inside color, with some squiggles of green frosting that were a good match for the outside. The filling was redder than the frosting, but still well within the watermelon range of color.
For my taste test, I toasted one Pop-Tart and kept another one cold and then alternated between the two along with sips of cold milk. The untoasted one had a taste that was somewhat watermelon-like, though sweeter and obviously less watery. The toasted one had a much stronger watermelon flavor. Even the aftertaste reminded me of watermelon. I shared around untoasted pieces of the remaining Pop-Tarts with some friends, and most people thought they were pretty good. Two people independently declared that they tasted like Jolly Ranchers.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: It first, it smelled mostly like the Pop-Tarts dough, but on third whiff, I could detect an actual watermelon smell.
From the package: “Produced with Genetic Engineering” ... “Contains wheat and soy ingredients.” ... “Artificially flavored”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Pop-Tarts (28 snacks)
- Fruit Snacks (419 snacks)
- Limited Editions (401 snacks)
- Breakfast snacks (67 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Market Basket. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Fritos Lime & Chile Corn Chips
- Takis Blue Heat
- Goldfish Cheddar Made with Organic Wheat
- Haribo Dinosaurs
- Lotte Popping Corn Chips Grilled Corn
- Pu-Thai Black Pepper Flavor
- Hershey's Cookies 'n' Creme Cookie Bites
- O'Donnells of Tipperary Hand Cooked Crisps Ballymaloe Relish and Cheddar Cheese Flavour
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road