By Jeremy Selwyn
Chief Snacks Officer
Eating up Star Wars hype!
With the upcoming release of Episode VII: The Force Awakens, you've probably noticed quite a lot of Star Wars stuff filling store shelves.
As I was preparing a box of Star Wars Mac & Cheese for lunch last week, I recalled that just the night before I'd eaten quite a few packets of Star Wars Popping Candy, and a day earlier had munched on Star Wars Cheez-Its to do a review of them. So it occurred to me: I'm living the George Lucas Diet!
I decided that I should keep this going for as many days as I can, or until December 18 when the movie premieres. The rules are fairly simple: I have to eat at least one branded Star Wars food each day. It's not an all-Star Wars diet — I will be eating other foods as usual — but the Star Wars item must be different each day, no repeats. So I'll be doing a lot of shopping to find as many licensed Star Wars foods as I can.
I'll be revising this page with my daily update for as long as I can keep The George Lucas Diet going.
Day 1: Cheez-Its
It all started when I ate the Cheez-Its (with Yoda on one side of the box and Darth Vader on the reverse) and wrote this review. The excitement here was that they really were Star Wars Cheez-Its, featuring six different designs, not just regular Cheez-Its in a Star Wars box.
More About Snacks
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- Lay's finds an odd way to roll out a dozen new flavors
- Twinkies everywhere!
- Turkey potato chips are taking over!
- It's Cheetos everywhere!
- Cheetos Popcorn has revolutionized baseball
- Mac n' Cheetos comes to BK's deep fryer
- Lay's chips replacing Wise at Fenway Park
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- Thanksgiving's for Snacking!
- Doritos Loaded arrives at 7-Eleven
- Doritos gets a new logo — again!
- Crisp can innovation continues
- Improving on Pringles?
- Pringles flavors go exotic
- The long and crunchy road
- Savoring the flavorings at Snaxpo
- Stuck snack rescued!
- Potato chip company challenge: Why no oregano chips?
- Can the Chipmaster make his own chip?
- Squirrel-flavored crisps? Only in Britain
- Video: Keith knows cheese puffs
- Video: Snacking Debates, Round 1
- The Snacking Blanket
- Where's the salt?
- Thanksgiving Snacking Tips
- Jax: The disrespected cheese puff?
- Another Snacking Milestone
- They're packing some serious popcorn
- I found the Snack Squad!
- Bill Belichick will eat anything with salt
- Salt & Vinegar Chips Don't Suck
- Companies profit on 100-calorie snack packs
- Smokin' Cheddar BBQ Doritos named champion
- Contest will name "experimental" Doritos flavor
- Potato chip signs are a hit at baseball parks
- Doritos bag was key to insider trading scheme
- What they're snacking on at 'The Office'
- 2006's Most Popular Snack Reviews
- Thyme and Tangerine? Bleh
- Resolve to Eat New Snacks in 2007
- Snacks for Christmas
- Calvin and Hobbes and Chips
- The Snacking Hour comes to cable
- Cracker lovers will love this truck
- A whole craze for Whole Grain snacks
- Super Bowl Snack Suggestions
- Coming soon to a snack store near you
- Talking turkey
- Easy Mac made even easier