You don't need to cook on Turkey Day
By Jeremy Selwyn
Chief Snacks Officer
Thanksgiving in a bag? Yes, indeed. It's quite possible to enjoy all the tastes of Thanksgiving dinner without turning on the oven.
Let's start with turkey: Sure, you can have turkey jerky, but for a true snacking experience, why not turkey-flavored potato chips? We've reviewed three kinds that all really tasted like turkey (yet contained none).
- Lay's Turkey Potato Chips
- Walkers Roast Turkey with Paxo Sage & Onion Crisps
- Boulder Canyon Turkey & Gravy Kettle Cooked Potato Chips
Let's focus on that last one from Boulder Canyon. We've seen it in stores as recently as this week (the others were some years back) so there's a good chance you can still find a bag. Plus, it's the only one of the three that covers your need for gravy as well. And best of all, Boulder Canyon also sells Pumpkin Pie Potato Chips!
But what about cranberry sauce? The snack aisle offers lots of delicious ways to enjoy cranberry without having to use a can opener! There's a cranberry & sage version of Triscuits, and if popcorn is your thing, try CrunchDaddy's Butter Rum & Cranberry Crunch.
More About Snacks
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- Lay's finds an odd way to roll out a dozen new flavors
- Twinkies everywhere!
- Turkey potato chips are taking over!
- It's Cheetos everywhere!
- Cheetos Popcorn has revolutionized baseball
- Mac n' Cheetos comes to BK's deep fryer
- Lay's chips replacing Wise at Fenway Park
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- Doritos Loaded arrives at 7-Eleven
- Doritos gets a new logo — again!
- Crisp can innovation continues
- Improving on Pringles?
- Pringles flavors go exotic
- The long and crunchy road
- Savoring the flavorings at Snaxpo
- Stuck snack rescued!
- Potato chip company challenge: Why no oregano chips?
- Can the Chipmaster make his own chip?
- Squirrel-flavored crisps? Only in Britain
- Video: Keith knows cheese puffs
- Video: Snacking Debates, Round 1
- The Snacking Blanket
- Where's the salt?
- Thanksgiving Snacking Tips
- Jax: The disrespected cheese puff?
- Another Snacking Milestone
- They're packing some serious popcorn
- I found the Snack Squad!
- Bill Belichick will eat anything with salt
- Salt & Vinegar Chips Don't Suck
- Companies profit on 100-calorie snack packs
- Smokin' Cheddar BBQ Doritos named champion
- Contest will name "experimental" Doritos flavor
- Potato chip signs are a hit at baseball parks
- Doritos bag was key to insider trading scheme
- What they're snacking on at 'The Office'
- 2006's Most Popular Snack Reviews
- Thyme and Tangerine? Bleh
- Resolve to Eat New Snacks in 2007
- Snacks for Christmas
- Calvin and Hobbes and Chips
- The Snacking Hour comes to cable
- Cracker lovers will love this truck
- A whole craze for Whole Grain snacks
- Super Bowl Snack Suggestions
- Coming soon to a snack store near you
- Talking turkey
- Easy Mac made even easier