Major league parks go for the chips
By Jeremy Selwyn
Chief Snacks Officer
Wise at Fenway Park
Old Dutch at the Metrodome
Manny and the Windmill
Utz in the Bronx
I've been watching a lot of baseball, and it's making me hungry.
The Boston Red Sox are off to a great start in the 2007 season, and even with a great rotation, excellent bullpen, and lots of come-from-behind wins to keep things exciting, I couldn't help but notice the many potato chip ads in the background this season.
This year the Red Sox have new sponsorship deal with Wise, so Fenway Park has a new sign along right field behind the Pesky Pole.
The rival Yankees sport an Utz sign high up in right field at Yankee Stadium. This sign has been around for years, adding an element of deliciousness to the soon-to-be-demolished Bronx landmark.
The Metrodome in Minneapolis has a huge sign in center field for Old Dutch chips, declaring that the chips are "Everything a Chip Should Be!"
More About Sports
- Cheetos Popcorn has revolutionized baseball
- Lay's chips replacing Wise at Fenway Park
- Play ball! And don't forget to eat ...
- Red Sox serve up new munchies for Spring Training
- Running success? It's gotta be the Chick-fil-A
- Hot dog! Take the Spring Training food tour
- I found the Snack Squad!
- Bill Belichick will eat anything with salt
- Hood hits a homer with Red Sox ice cream
More About Snacks
- Lay's gets a new logo
- Lay's finds an odd way to roll out a dozen new flavors
- Twinkies everywhere!
- Turkey potato chips are taking over!
- It's Cheetos everywhere!
- Mac n' Cheetos comes to BK's deep fryer
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- Thanksgiving's for Snacking!
- The George Lucas Diet
- Doritos Loaded arrives at 7-Eleven
- Doritos gets a new logo — again!
- Crisp can innovation continues
- Improving on Pringles?
- Pringles flavors go exotic
- The long and crunchy road
- Savoring the flavorings at Snaxpo
- Stuck snack rescued!
- Potato chip company challenge: Why no oregano chips?
- Can the Chipmaster make his own chip?
- Squirrel-flavored crisps? Only in Britain
- Video: Keith knows cheese puffs
- Video: Snacking Debates, Round 1
- The Snacking Blanket
- Where's the salt?
- Thanksgiving Snacking Tips
- Jax: The disrespected cheese puff?
- Another Snacking Milestone
- They're packing some serious popcorn
- Salt & Vinegar Chips Don't Suck
- Companies profit on 100-calorie snack packs
- Smokin' Cheddar BBQ Doritos named champion
- Contest will name "experimental" Doritos flavor
- Doritos bag was key to insider trading scheme
- What they're snacking on at 'The Office'
- 2006's Most Popular Snack Reviews
- Thyme and Tangerine? Bleh
- Resolve to Eat New Snacks in 2007
- Snacks for Christmas
- Calvin and Hobbes and Chips
- The Snacking Hour comes to cable
- Cracker lovers will love this truck
- A whole craze for Whole Grain snacks
- Super Bowl Snack Suggestions
- Coming soon to a snack store near you
- Talking turkey
- Easy Mac made even easier