Oregano potato chips available in Greece but not the USA
By Jeremy Selwyn
Chief Snacks Officer
Some friends recently returned from a vacation in several of the Greek islands. I'll summarize their trip report as follows:
- Great islands, great people, great fun, great trip!
- Lay's sells oregano-flavored potato chips in Greece, and they're completely delicious.
As far as I'm aware, no chip company distributes oregano-flavored potato chips in the USA. That's a serious oversight, and it's a disservice to chip eaters. (The only oregano chips we've reviewed were sold by Elite Foods of Israel in association with Frito-Lay.)
So here's my challenge to the chip companies: You need to make an oregano chip. If you can do this and send me some, Taquitos.net will recognize your special effort to satisfy the snacking community.
We're looking for a chip company to mass produce this flavor and distribute it through your usual channels. No cheating here — this has to be a real product that you distribute and promote; you can't just whip up a few bags and send them to me.
If any of the chip companies are up to the challenge, let me know!
More About Snacks
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- Lay's finds an odd way to roll out a dozen new flavors
- Twinkies everywhere!
- Turkey potato chips are taking over!
- It's Cheetos everywhere!
- Cheetos Popcorn has revolutionized baseball
- Mac n' Cheetos comes to BK's deep fryer
- Lay's chips replacing Wise at Fenway Park
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- Thanksgiving's for Snacking!
- The George Lucas Diet
- Doritos Loaded arrives at 7-Eleven
- Doritos gets a new logo — again!
- Crisp can innovation continues
- Improving on Pringles?
- Pringles flavors go exotic
- The long and crunchy road
- Savoring the flavorings at Snaxpo
- Stuck snack rescued!
- Can the Chipmaster make his own chip?
- Squirrel-flavored crisps? Only in Britain
- Video: Keith knows cheese puffs
- Video: Snacking Debates, Round 1
- The Snacking Blanket
- Where's the salt?
- Thanksgiving Snacking Tips
- Jax: The disrespected cheese puff?
- Another Snacking Milestone
- They're packing some serious popcorn
- I found the Snack Squad!
- Bill Belichick will eat anything with salt
- Salt & Vinegar Chips Don't Suck
- Companies profit on 100-calorie snack packs
- Smokin' Cheddar BBQ Doritos named champion
- Contest will name "experimental" Doritos flavor
- Potato chip signs are a hit at baseball parks
- Doritos bag was key to insider trading scheme
- What they're snacking on at 'The Office'
- 2006's Most Popular Snack Reviews
- Thyme and Tangerine? Bleh
- Resolve to Eat New Snacks in 2007
- Snacks for Christmas
- Calvin and Hobbes and Chips
- The Snacking Hour comes to cable
- Cracker lovers will love this truck
- A whole craze for Whole Grain snacks
- Super Bowl Snack Suggestions
- Coming soon to a snack store near you
- Talking turkey
- Easy Mac made even easier