Another way to avoid getting your hand stuck
By Jeremy Selwyn
Chief Snacks Officer
After our recent discovery of an impressive pull-tab to lift the whole stack of crisps in a can of Pringles knockoff Oishi Toss crisps from China, we weren't expecting much more innovation in this area, but soon enough, we found another packaging innovation to prevent hands from getting stuck in the Pringles-style can.
This one also comes from China, but from Pringles rival Lay's Stax. Unlike the American version of Lay's Stax, which have their own specially shaped blue plastic can, this was a more conventional cardboard-and-foil round can. But the innovation was inside the can, as the crisps were lined up in a pull-out plastic tray. (We did see a similar tray in Mini Pringles when we reviewed those a few years back, but those came in a wrapper, not a can.)
More About Gadgets
- Animal Snacker?
- My new favorite kitchen appliance
- Can the Chipmaster make his own chip?
- A Revolution in Brownies
- Fresh ice cream in 45 seconds
More About Snacks
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- Lay's finds an odd way to roll out a dozen new flavors
- Twinkies everywhere!
- Turkey potato chips are taking over!
- It's Cheetos everywhere!
- Cheetos Popcorn has revolutionized baseball
- Mac n' Cheetos comes to BK's deep fryer
- Lay's chips replacing Wise at Fenway Park
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- Thanksgiving's for Snacking!
- The George Lucas Diet
- Doritos Loaded arrives at 7-Eleven
- Doritos gets a new logo — again!
- Improving on Pringles?
- Pringles flavors go exotic
- The long and crunchy road
- Savoring the flavorings at Snaxpo
- Stuck snack rescued!
- Potato chip company challenge: Why no oregano chips?
- Squirrel-flavored crisps? Only in Britain
- Video: Keith knows cheese puffs
- Video: Snacking Debates, Round 1
- The Snacking Blanket
- Where's the salt?
- Thanksgiving Snacking Tips
- Jax: The disrespected cheese puff?
- Another Snacking Milestone
- They're packing some serious popcorn
- I found the Snack Squad!
- Bill Belichick will eat anything with salt
- Salt & Vinegar Chips Don't Suck
- Companies profit on 100-calorie snack packs
- Smokin' Cheddar BBQ Doritos named champion
- Contest will name "experimental" Doritos flavor
- Potato chip signs are a hit at baseball parks
- Doritos bag was key to insider trading scheme
- What they're snacking on at 'The Office'
- 2006's Most Popular Snack Reviews
- Thyme and Tangerine? Bleh
- Resolve to Eat New Snacks in 2007
- Snacks for Christmas
- Calvin and Hobbes and Chips
- The Snacking Hour comes to cable
- Cracker lovers will love this truck
- A whole craze for Whole Grain snacks
- Super Bowl Snack Suggestions
- Coming soon to a snack store near you
- Talking turkey
- Easy Mac made even easier