The people have spoken, and the results are delicious
By Keith Shaw
Secretary of Snacks
A few months ago, Frito-Lay and its Doritos brand launched a "Fight for the Flavor" campaign on its Web site and in stores, asking customers to choose their favorite of two new flavors — Smokin' Cheddar BBQ or Wild White Nacho. We voiced our opinion here (we loved the Cheddar BBQ over the Wild White Nacho, although there was some dissent in the ranks), and we were happy to learn that Smokin' Cheddar BBQ was victorious.
On new bags of the Smokin' Cheddar BBQ, there's a label on the front that says "Fight for the Flavor! Champion" and on the back of the bag it reads: "Power to the People. You Made Your Choice. Smokin' Cheddar BBQ won the taste bud tussle, sending Wild White Nacho to a crushing defeat. Your voice has been heard and your legacy is delicious!"
We hope this means the new Cheddar BBQ flavor sticks around for a while, and that shortages that were experienced (lots of people on the Chip Talk message board expressed dismay at being unable to find the bags) will soon go away.
More About Supermarkets
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Twinkies everywhere!
- Companies profit on 100-calorie snack packs
- Lunchables tries to Mess With Your Mouth
- The secret's in the breading
- Official Response from Nestle
- Scared of my Nestle Crunch bar
- The best to you each morning?
- The Lazy Man's PB&J
More About Snacks
- Lay's gets a new logo
- Lay's finds an odd way to roll out a dozen new flavors
- Turkey potato chips are taking over!
- It's Cheetos everywhere!
- Cheetos Popcorn has revolutionized baseball
- Mac n' Cheetos comes to BK's deep fryer
- Lay's chips replacing Wise at Fenway Park
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- Thanksgiving's for Snacking!
- The George Lucas Diet
- Doritos Loaded arrives at 7-Eleven
- Doritos gets a new logo — again!
- Crisp can innovation continues
- Improving on Pringles?
- Pringles flavors go exotic
- The long and crunchy road
- Savoring the flavorings at Snaxpo
- Stuck snack rescued!
- Potato chip company challenge: Why no oregano chips?
- Can the Chipmaster make his own chip?
- Squirrel-flavored crisps? Only in Britain
- Video: Keith knows cheese puffs
- Video: Snacking Debates, Round 1
- The Snacking Blanket
- Where's the salt?
- Thanksgiving Snacking Tips
- Jax: The disrespected cheese puff?
- Another Snacking Milestone
- They're packing some serious popcorn
- I found the Snack Squad!
- Bill Belichick will eat anything with salt
- Salt & Vinegar Chips Don't Suck
- Contest will name "experimental" Doritos flavor
- Potato chip signs are a hit at baseball parks
- Doritos bag was key to insider trading scheme
- What they're snacking on at 'The Office'
- 2006's Most Popular Snack Reviews
- Thyme and Tangerine? Bleh
- Resolve to Eat New Snacks in 2007
- Snacks for Christmas
- Calvin and Hobbes and Chips
- The Snacking Hour comes to cable
- Cracker lovers will love this truck
- A whole craze for Whole Grain snacks
- Super Bowl Snack Suggestions
- Coming soon to a snack store near you
- Talking turkey
- Easy Mac made even easier