Chester Cheetah brings cheese snacks to a new level
By Jeremy Selwyn
Chief Snacks Officer
What I observed at a more recent game was that the bucket didn't contain just cheese popcorn — there were also Crunchy Cheetos mixed in there! That seemed worth a try. The reason that I'm so worked up about this is this combination was really quite good. Combining lots of cheese from the popcorn, lots of cheese from the Cheetos and two contrasting textures was just a genius move — two great cheese delivery vehicles into one snack!
Also, go Sox!
I reported early this baseball season that Fenway Park had handed over snack control to Frito-Lay. At the time, the focus was on the fact that Lay's had replaced Wise as official potato chip of the Red Sox. But somehow I missed the much bigger story here.
More About Sports
- Lay's chips replacing Wise at Fenway Park
- Play ball! And don't forget to eat ...
- Red Sox serve up new munchies for Spring Training
- Running success? It's gotta be the Chick-fil-A
- Hot dog! Take the Spring Training food tour
- I found the Snack Squad!
- Bill Belichick will eat anything with salt
- Hood hits a homer with Red Sox ice cream
- Potato chip signs are a hit at baseball parks
More About Snacks
- Lay's gets a new logo
- Lay's finds an odd way to roll out a dozen new flavors
- Twinkies everywhere!
- Turkey potato chips are taking over!
- It's Cheetos everywhere!
- Mac n' Cheetos comes to BK's deep fryer
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- Thanksgiving's for Snacking!
- The George Lucas Diet
- Doritos Loaded arrives at 7-Eleven
- Doritos gets a new logo — again!
- Crisp can innovation continues
- Improving on Pringles?
- Pringles flavors go exotic
- The long and crunchy road
- Savoring the flavorings at Snaxpo
- Stuck snack rescued!
- Potato chip company challenge: Why no oregano chips?
- Can the Chipmaster make his own chip?
- Squirrel-flavored crisps? Only in Britain
- Video: Keith knows cheese puffs
- Video: Snacking Debates, Round 1
- The Snacking Blanket
- Where's the salt?
- Thanksgiving Snacking Tips
- Jax: The disrespected cheese puff?
- Another Snacking Milestone
- They're packing some serious popcorn
- Salt & Vinegar Chips Don't Suck
- Companies profit on 100-calorie snack packs
- Smokin' Cheddar BBQ Doritos named champion
- Contest will name "experimental" Doritos flavor
- Doritos bag was key to insider trading scheme
- What they're snacking on at 'The Office'
- 2006's Most Popular Snack Reviews
- Thyme and Tangerine? Bleh
- Resolve to Eat New Snacks in 2007
- Snacks for Christmas
- Calvin and Hobbes and Chips
- The Snacking Hour comes to cable
- Cracker lovers will love this truck
- A whole craze for Whole Grain snacks
- Super Bowl Snack Suggestions
- Coming soon to a snack store near you
- Talking turkey
- Easy Mac made even easier