Taste test: These bars were much like Special K's Pastry Crisps, with two thin, rectangular bars per packet, each with a pastry base, drizzles of frosting and soft filling. This flavor was different from any of Special K's, which came in Chocolatey Caramel, Strawberry and Brown Sugar Cinnamon. In this case, triple chocolate referred to the chocolate dough of the pastry itself, the drizzle of frosting on the outside and a the chocolate creme center.
I bit in to find a nice crisp feel and light crunch, with softness and moistness from the filling. There was plenty of chocolate, with a nice variety of textures. Each chocolate had its own shade of brown, with the pastry being fairly light, the drizzle being a typical milk chocolate color and the filling being quite dark. Two bars made a nice light snack, but the box comes with four packets of two, so there's more to eat if you're still hungry. Great with cold milk!
Shop: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Kind of like brownies.
From the package: “Produced in the Netherlands” ... “For a perfect start to any day, or a delicious any time snack, Sun Best Pastry Crisps offer sweet satisfaction with the taste of chocolate with the cocoa icing in a wonderfully crisp pastry. Say yes to your sweet tooth in just 100 calories per serving.”
Online store: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered at Dollar Tree. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- Speedy Choice Kettle Cooked Sweet Thai Chili Premium Waffle Chips
- Danix Choco-Choco
- Hide & Seek Black Bourbon Crème Sandwich Vanilla
- Krackjack Butter Masala
- Trolli Sour Watermelon Sharks
- StarKist Bold Tuna Creations Hot Buffalo Style
- Lacta Laka Chocolate Branco
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road