Taste test: We'll give Special K major credit for truth in advertising here, and the actual bars individually wrapped inside this box looked just like the one pictured on the box.
The bars were made up mostly of oats, topped by some caramel frosting and a good number of chocolate chunks. The density of chocolate and caramel wasn't as high as you might think from the picture, because all of that sweet stuff was on the top surface; the rest was just the oats and rice.
As a result, the main taste (and definitely the main texture, unfortunately) was from the oats. The chocolate and caramel enhanced those oats a but, but still, the bar was a lot of oats, and it tasted like a bland, oat-heavy granola bar with some chocolate and caramel. As for "salted caramel," I noticed some salt maybe once in the course of eating a bar, but generally it was just caramel. Disappointing.
Shop: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Just bit of caramel.
From the package: “Our deliciously chewy-with-a-hint-of-crisp bars are full of the good stuff for a satisfying snack you'll love. It's 100 calories of yum.”
Online store: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Special K (18 snacks)
- Chocolate (1810 snacks)
- Bars (956 snacks)
- Caramel Snacks (345 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2015
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Raylicious Soft Cookies Chocolate Chip
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road