Taste test: This box contained five individual packages, each holding two "Pastry Crisp" bars, stacked on top of each other.
Each one had wiggles of frosting on top of two layers of pastry, with a pattern of holes cutting through the pastry layers and strawberry filling in between the two layers. The taste was pretty much the same as the strawberry flavor of Pop-Tarts, which is to say, quite good. They tasted like Pop-Tarts because they had the same three main ingredients: frosting, crunchy pastry dough and strawberry jelly. However, the feel was much, much lighter because these were thinner and less dense. Even with two of the bars in each package, they still weren't all that filling, so a good plan with these would be to eat two or three of the little packs for a good-size snack. Unfortunately, the whole box had only five packs (plus lots of air) so there really weren't very many real-world servings in the box.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Smells like a strawberry Pop-Tart.
From the package: “10 pastry crisps 2 per pouch” ... “Snack twice a day and still manage your weight!” ... “Enjoy snacking twice as much with cracker crisps, bars, crackers and pastry crisps from special K.”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Special K (18 snacks)
- Bars (939 snacks)
- Fruit Snacks (435 snacks)
- 100 calorie packs (70 snacks)
- Breakfast snacks (68 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Market Basket. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Banshee Bones
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Granny Goose Tortillos
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Guinness Caramel Chocolate
- Snyder's of Hanover Rounds Butter Flavored
- Clancy's Roasted Sweet Corn Popcorn
- StarKist Bold Creations Microwavables Tuna Spicy Rice & Beans
- Milka Daim
- Clancy's White Cheddar Cheese Popcorn
- Non Stop Munchies Spices Treat Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road