Taste test: This box contained five individual packages, each holding two "Pastry Crisp" bars, stacked on top of each other.
Each one had wiggles of frosting on top of two layers of pastry, with a pattern of holes cutting through the pastry layers and strawberry filling in between the two layers. The taste was pretty much the same as the strawberry flavor of Pop-Tarts, which is to say, quite good. They tasted like Pop-Tarts because they had the same three main ingredients: frosting, crunchy pastry dough and strawberry jelly. However, the feel was much, much lighter because these were thinner and less dense. Even with two of the bars in each package, they still weren't all that filling, so a good plan with these would be to eat two or three of the little packs for a good-size snack. Unfortunately, the whole box had only five packs (plus lots of air) so there really weren't very many real-world servings in the box.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Smells like a strawberry Pop-Tart.
From the package: “10 pastry crisps 2 per pouch” ... “Snack twice a day and still manage your weight!” ... “Enjoy snacking twice as much with cracker crisps, bars, crackers and pastry crisps from special K.”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Special K (18 snacks)
- Bars (955 snacks)
- Fruit Snacks (444 snacks)
- 100 calorie packs (71 snacks)
- Breakfast snacks (70 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2013
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road