Taste test: Much like the various other flavors of Pastry Crisps, these were sort of a lighter, smaller version of Pop-Tarts, made from similar materials but shaped like a bar and quite a bit thinner. Each of the five packets in this box contained two of the crisp bars, stacked on top of each other. Each one had some thin wiggles of chocolate on top, plus a chocolate filling.
I bit in to find that the taste was quite good, with a lots of chocolate from the two sources, plus a nice light feel to the pastry holding it all together. The filling (as seen in the profile of a bit-into bar) didn't look anywhere near as thick as it showed in the picture, but there was still an excellent chocolate-to-pastry ratio here. Two bars in one sitting with some cold milk was nicely filling, especially considering that it totaled (milk excluded) 100 calories.
Shop: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Strong chocolate smell.
From the package: “Sweet Satisfaction” ... “Creamy chocolatey goodness in a delightfully crispy pastry. Enjoy two delicious Special K® Pastry Crisps for 100 calories ... and say yes to your sweet tooth.”
Online store: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Special K (18 snacks)
- Chocolate (1766 snacks)
- Bars (940 snacks)
- 100 calorie packs (70 snacks)
- Breakfast snacks (68 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Market Basket. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Banshee Bones
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Granny Goose Tortillos
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Taco Bell Cheddar Crisps Fire! Sauce Flavor
- Terrell's Syracuse Style Potato Chips
- Godiva Signature Milk Chocolate 8 Mini Bars
- Good & Smart Potato Crisps Sour Cream & Onion
- Lipo Mini Roll Strawberry Flavor
- Rice Krispies Treats SpongeBob Limited Edition
- Taco Bell Cheddar Crisps Nacho Flavor
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road