Taste test: Much like the various other flavors of Pastry Crisps, these were sort of a lighter, smaller version of Pop-Tarts, made from similar materials but shaped like a bar and quite a bit thinner. Each of the five packets in this box contained two of the crisp bars, stacked on top of each other. Each one had some thin wiggles of chocolate on top, plus a chocolate filling.
I bit in to find that the taste was quite good, with a lots of chocolate from the two sources, plus a nice light feel to the pastry holding it all together. The filling (as seen in the profile of a bit-into bar) didn't look anywhere near as thick as it showed in the picture, but there was still an excellent chocolate-to-pastry ratio here. Two bars in one sitting with some cold milk was nicely filling, especially considering that it totaled (milk excluded) 100 calories.
Shop: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Strong chocolate smell.
From the package: “Sweet Satisfaction” ... “Creamy chocolatey goodness in a delightfully crispy pastry. Enjoy two delicious Special K® Pastry Crisps for 100 calories ... and say yes to your sweet tooth.”
Online store: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Special K (18 snacks)
- Chocolate (1812 snacks)
- Bars (957 snacks)
- 100 calorie packs (71 snacks)
- Breakfast snacks (70 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2015
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Gluten Free Oreo
- Nestlé Breakaway Original
- Today Karamel Waffle
- Raylicious Soft Cookies Chocolate Chip
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road