Taste test: This flavor of Special K Pastry Crisps jumped out at us initially because it was such a departure from the more breakfasty initial flavors we found, Brown Sugar Cinnamon and Strawberry. The form factor was the same as those other kinds, but the look was quite different, as each bar was made of chocolate cookie material, with some wiggles of milk chocolate across the top and a layer of caramel on the inside.
We crunched in to find that the caramel layer was thin, but then again, the whole thing was thin. The taste was good, with a mix of chocolate and caramel, not overly sweet, and it went well on its own or with cold milk. However, eating a bar didn't seem all that filling. Thankfully, each 100-calorie packet contained two bars. Eating two bars was twice as filling as eating one, but it still didn't seem filling enough. There were five of the 100-calorie packs in the box, so you could always eat more, but this might be best if you're only slightly hungry; if you're very hungry, get something else.
Shop: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Good caramel smell, with a hint of chocolate too. Nice.
From the package: “Indulge your cravings with the rich taste of caramel in a delightfully crispy, chocolatey pastry. Enjoy two Special K® Pastry Crisps for 100 calories ... and say yes to your sweet tooth.” ... “Try all 7 flavors”
Online store: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Special K (18 snacks)
- Chocolate (1806 snacks)
- Bars (955 snacks)
- Caramel Snacks (344 snacks)
- 100 calorie packs (71 snacks)
- Breakfast snacks (70 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2013
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road