Taste test: Much like the strawberry version, these "pastry crisps" were shaped like energy bars but made from the same basic materials as Pop-Tarts.
Whereas Pop-Tarts come two to a packet and you could easily get by eating just one of the two (sometimes raising the question of what to do with the other one), these came two to a packet (stacked on top of each other, much like Pop-Tarts) but one packet didn't seem like nearly enough food. They tasted a lot like cinnamon Pop-Tarts, but they felt much lighter. That's lighter in several senses: holding a packet of two bars in the hand, it felt like it weighed almost nothing; and after eating both bars and enjoying the taste, I did not feel very filled and needed to open another pack. Why so un-filling? The pastry crust was thinner than Pop-Tarts, the filling much less substantial, the frosting was a sprinkling of wiggles on top rather than a coating of the whole top surface, and the whole thing was smaller. The taste and texture were very good, and the fact that the texture was more delicate than Pop-Tarts was a nice change. But 100 calories just wasn't enough in this case.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very nice sweet cinnamon smell, like a fresh cinnamon bun.
From the package: “10 pastry crisps 2 per pouch” ... “Snack twice a day and still manage your weight!” ... “Enjoy snacking twice as much with cracker crisps, bars, crackers and pastry crisps from special K.”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Special K (18 snacks)
- Bars (939 snacks)
- Cinnamon Snacks (157 snacks)
- 100 calorie packs (70 snacks)
- Breakfast snacks (68 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Market Basket. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Banshee Bones
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Granny Goose Tortillos
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Guinness Caramel Chocolate
- Snyder's of Hanover Rounds Butter Flavored
- Clancy's Roasted Sweet Corn Popcorn
- StarKist Bold Creations Microwavables Tuna Spicy Rice & Beans
- Milka Daim
- Clancy's White Cheddar Cheese Popcorn
- Non Stop Munchies Spices Treat Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road