Taste test: The special K brand has sure come a long way since it was just about a fairly bland cereal that asked whether you could "pinch more than an inch." Pretzels and caramel? Yeah, that's Special K.
This box contained individually wrapped mini granola bars, each about 2 inches long, over an inch wide and nearly an inch tall, with a domed profile. The bottom of each bar was covered entirely in solidified caramel, and the top was sprinkled with that same substance for about 50% coverage. The ends were not covered in caramel, and the bars appeared to have been cut to length after being coated. Underneath the caramel, the bar seemed to consist of puffed rice and broken thin pretzels. This was a weird one, as the bars tasted a lot like very sweet cereal. We could see the pretzel pieces, but for most of the bars, we could not particularly feel or taste them. The taste was OK but nothing great. Definitely have these with a beverage, because some pieces left behind a greasy feeling that needed to be washed away.
Shop: Buy Pretzels on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Smells like caramel, but not particularly good.
From the package: “indulgent snack bites” ... “70 calories per serving” ... “28-0.56-oz (16g) individually wrapped bites” ... “Product of Mexico”
Online store: Buy Pretzels on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Special K (18 snacks)
- Bars (932 snacks)
- Pretzels (546 snacks)
- Caramel Snacks (333 snacks)
- Snacks containing cereal (152 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Costco. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- StarKist Tuna Creations Ranch
- Elite PesekZman Wafer Rolls
- Walkers Stax Sour Cream & Onion
- Toppo Cheese Tart
- Elite PesekZman Big Bite
- Late July Organic Sea Salt Thin & Crispy Restaurant Style Tortilla Chips
- Shirakiku Cinema Popcorn Hot Spicy
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road