Taste test: This fairly large, fairly light box contained just six individual bars. We opened our first one to find that, unlike many of the other Special K-branded snacks, this appeared to be made from actual Special K cereal. The surface was irregular, consisting of cereal pieces of various sizes, plus pretzel fragments. The bottom of the bar was flat and had a milk chocolate coating. The bar was thick, nearly an inch at its thickest point, and even wider than that. The cereal pieces looked like they were darker than plain Special K cereal, and they were kind of shiny, so there was probably a sugary, possibly chocolatey glaze.
We crunched in to find a nice soft feel with occasional bits of pretzel crunch, with a good sweet (but not too sweet) taste. The mix of chocolate, cereal and pretzel was really quite nice!
Shop: Buy Pretzels on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very mild chocolate smell.
From the package: “Yes, I snack ... and so can you! A quick snack, like a Special K® Cereal Bar can give you a lift! Special K Cracker Chips are a great afternoon pick-me-up. Special K® Pastry Crisps help keep your sweet cravings satisfied.”
Online store: Buy Pretzels on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Special K (18 snacks)
- Chocolate (1806 snacks)
- Bars (955 snacks)
- Pretzels (555 snacks)
- Snacks containing cereal (158 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2014
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published April 2014.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road