Taste test: This fairly large, fairly light box contained just six individual bars. We opened our first one to find that, unlike many of the other Special K-branded snacks, this appeared to be made from actual Special K cereal. The surface was irregular, consisting of cereal pieces of various sizes, plus pretzel fragments. The bottom of the bar was flat and had a milk chocolate coating. The bar was thick, nearly an inch at its thickest point, and even wider than that. The cereal pieces looked like they were darker than plain Special K cereal, and they were kind of shiny, so there was probably a sugary, possibly chocolatey glaze.
We crunched in to find a nice soft feel with occasional bits of pretzel crunch, with a good sweet (but not too sweet) taste. The mix of chocolate, cereal and pretzel was really quite nice!
Shop: Buy Pretzels on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very mild chocolate smell.
From the package: “Yes, I snack ... and so can you! A quick snack, like a Special K® Cereal Bar can give you a lift! Special K Cracker Chips are a great afternoon pick-me-up. Special K® Pastry Crisps help keep your sweet cravings satisfied.”
Online store: Buy Pretzels on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Special K (18 snacks)
- Chocolate (1761 snacks)
- Bars (938 snacks)
- Pretzels (546 snacks)
- Snacks containing cereal (155 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Banshee Bones
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Granny Goose Tortillos
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- StarKist Bold Creations Microwavables Tuna Spicy Rice & Beans
- Milka Daim
- Clancy's White Cheddar Cheese Popcorn
- Non Stop Munchies Spices Treat Potato Chips
- Sara Lee For Me! Cinnamon Crumb Cake
- Cravingz Spongiez Chocolate
- Lay's Big Wave Spicy Hot Pot
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road