Taste test: This box contained just five bars, and the bars were on the small side, at just over and inch wide and 3 inches long — quite noticeably smaller than the individual wrappers holding them, which could have fit bars a full inch longer.
I bit in to find a mix of soft and chewy/mildly gritty. The inside consisted of some sort of soy-based material on the bottom (the gritty part), topped by a layer of caramel (the soft part) and then coated all over with milk chocolate. It was a step below your average candy bar in terms of taste, but not bad, and the feel wasn't overly gritty, so it was better than a lot of energy/protein bars. Pretty good.
Shop: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Decent caramel and chocolate smell. Not really like candy, but typical of this kind of bar.
From the package: “Protein + high fiber” ... “No artificial flavors or sweeteners” ... “4g of total fat per serving 3g saturated far her bar” ... “South Beach Diet offers foods that have just the right nutrition so you can eat right and lose weight.”
Online store: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Company: South Beach Diet Corp.
Categories for this snack:
- Chocolate (1824 snacks)
- Bars (962 snacks)
- Caramel Snacks (355 snacks)
- 100 calorie packs (71 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2015
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Doritos 3D's Nacho Cheesier
We tweet every review!
- Like Home Sponge Cake
- Gopal Wafers Salty Punch
- Lay's Creme Brulee Milk Tea
- Lacta Lancy
- Ruffles Double Crunch Spicy Cheddar Jack
- Lay's Kettle Cooked Flamin' Hot Limón
- Cheetos Japanese Steak
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road