Taste test: This bar had sort of a granola-like appearance, with oats and a variety of smaller, harder-to-identify elements (presumably chopped) visible on the surfaces.
The whole thing looked very moist, a big change from regular granola bars. I bit in to find a soft, dense, moist feel and a fairly sweet taste. Based on the advertised flavor, I was expecting peanut butter to be the dominant taste, what it wasn't — the dates and raisins took on that role. In fact, there didn't seem to be much peanut or peanut butter taste at all — the ingredients listed peanuts and almonds, and I could see a lot of chopped nuts, but I couldn't taste a whole lot of either. And even with all that sweetness, I could not particularly taste any honey. When I alternated bites with cold milk to offset the sweetness, it tasted pretty good. But to sell this as a peanut butter bar was quite a stretch.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mild, sweet smell. More fruity than peanut buttery.
From the package: “Ingredients: Dates, oats, peanuts, raisins, almonds, coconut, honey, vanilla (water, alcohol 35%, vanilla bean extractives), cinnamon.”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Company: Chop Foods, LLC
Categories for this snack:
- Bars (955 snacks)
- Nuts (513 snacks)
- Peanut Butter Snacks (349 snacks)
- Honey Snacks (155 snacks)
- Raisins (76 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2013
This snack was contributed to Taquitos.net by the manufacturer. Review published September 2013.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road