Taste test: I bought this box of eight Rice Krispies Treats because I saw the face of SpongeBob Squarepants, and any quick look at the box would leave an impression that they had put his face onto the Treats, much as they've done with several other snacks.
As it turns out, they had not! What they did here was to add a slight yellow tint to the Treats, and then everything else SpongeBob in the picture was actually printed onto the wrapper. They tasted like Rice Krispies Treats as they should have, but the deception about SpongeBob was really disappointing.
Apparently this product was a promotion for the SpongeBob Movie, Sponge on the Run. I never watched the show, and I wasn't planning to watch the movie, but now I'm definitely not going to watch the movie.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Regular smell of Rice Krispies Treats.
From the package: “No high fructose corn syrup” ... “Enlarged to show texture” ... “Limited edition”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Market Basket. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Blekis Bléo Crème
- Snickers Peanut Brownie
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road