Taste test: Having set out to try every kind of Reese's snack (with 75 so far), this bar was a bit of a strange one to get my head around, as it was based not so much on original Reese's but on Reese's Puffs cereal, which isn't even made by Hershey's but by General Mills — as are these bars — though the cereal was of course based on Reese's peanut butter cups. It was just less confusing when the Golden Grahams and Lucky Charms bars were based on one degree of brand extension, rather than two.
I unwrapped the first of the eight bars in the box to find that it was made mostly of PB and chocolate cereal pieces, plus some small peanut butter chips, plus a PB coating on the bottom and PB drizzle on top. The thing is, it just looked much less impressive than the one pictured on the box, mostly because there was less of the top drizzle, and the drizzle that was there was much flatter-looking than the picture.
Those looks didn't matter much once I crunched in — this was a very good bar! There was a light feel and plenty of sweet peanut butter and chocolate for a great taste. Cold milk made it even better. It was tough to resist eating multiple bars in a row, and indeed I did not resist.
Shop: Buy Reese’s on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very nice sweet peanut butter smell. Mmmm!
From the package: “Made with real Reese's Peanut Butter” ... “Peanut butter and cocoa naturally & artificially flavored” ... “8 bars! ¡Barras!” ... “Contains Bioengineered Food Ingredients” ... “REESE'S and REESE'S PUFFS trademarks and trade dress and the orange color and crown design are used under license.”
Online store: Buy Reese’s on Amazon #ad
Company: General Mills
Categories for this snack:
- All Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (79 snacks)
- Chocolate (1723 snacks)
- Bars (914 snacks)
- Peanut Butter Snacks (339 snacks)
- Snacks containing cereal (143 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Shaw's at Boston University. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Fritos Lime & Chile Corn Chips
- Takis Blue Heat
- Goldfish Cheddar Made with Organic Wheat
- Haribo Dinosaurs
- Lotte Popping Corn Chips Grilled Corn
- Pu-Thai Black Pepper Flavor
- Hershey's Cookies 'n' Creme Cookie Bites
- O'Donnells of Tipperary Hand Cooked Crisps Ballymaloe Relish and Cheddar Cheese Flavour
- Twizzlers Twists Orange Cream Pop
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road