Taste test: This thin, pliable energy bar had the same texture as the various other flavors of the original PowerBar.
The taste was neither strongly chocolatey nor strongly peanutty. If I had not known from the wrapper that this was supposed to be chocolate and peanut butter flavor, I probably would not have guessed the flavor correctly (and I wouldn't have guessed chocolate or peanut butter individually either). Mostly, it just tasted like a PowerBar. So as a chocolate and peanut butter bar, it was kind of disappointing.
Shop: Buy PowerBar on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Smells like chocolate and peanuts, but different from a Reese's.
From the package: “The Original Energy Bar ... “Suggested Use: Athletes should consume 60-70% of calories from carbohydrates, the body's most efficient source of fuel. PowerBar® Performance is loaded with 45g of carbohydrates for sustained energy. For best results, eat 30 min. before activity with 8-16 oz. water to aid with the absorption of nutrients and maintain hydration.”
Online store: Buy PowerBar on Amazon #ad
Company: PowerBar Inc.
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Ocean State Job Lot. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road