Taste test: This chocolate-coated energy bar had a beige center that only slightly resembled the cut-away view of the bar pictured on the box.
The picture shows some beige stuff occupying about half the height of the bar, then crushed almonds and liquidy toffee or caramel filling the upper half. The actual filling was mostly the beige stuff, with just a sparse, thin layer of almonds at the top. After certain bites, we could see an almond bit in the cross-section of the remaining bar, and on other bites, nothing. The liqudy layer didn't seem to exist at all. The taste was pretty good, with some candy taste and a bit of the gritty energy bar taste, but there was enough grit that I don't think the marketing copy's comparison to a candy bar was apt. Overall, it was too sweet. I'd highly recommend pouring yourself a cold glass of milk to go along with one of these bars to balance out the sweetness and grit.
Shop: Buy PowerBar on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Smells slightly chocolatey, but mostly like an energy bar.
From the package: “Fuels like a PowerBar® Tastes like a candy bar.™” ... “Great Taste • Energy • Nutrition” ... “Whenever you need a little extra — as a mid-morning snack, a mid-afternoon snack, or a pre-game pick-me-up — PowerBar Triple Threat gives you the taste you want with the nutritious energy you need.”
Online store: Buy PowerBar on Amazon #ad
Company: PowerBar Inc.
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Ocean State Job Lot. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road