Taste test: PowerBar was the first energy bar, prompting hundreds of imitators as well as variations on the theme from the Powerbar company itself.
Eating this bar reminded me of why the original still beats most of what came after. This bar was soft, dense and flexible, with a sweet peanut flavor, easy to gobble down fast right after exercising. The texture was slightly gritty, but far less so than many energy bars. Oddly, many of the bars in the 24-pack that this one came in were extra-thick but stretched for less than the full length of the wrapper, leaving a half-inch gap at one end.
Shop: Buy PowerBar on Amazon #ad
Smell test: OK, but not like peanut butter.
From the package: “The Original Performance Energy Bar™ ... “Suggested Use: Athletes should consume 60-70% of calories from carbohydrates, the body's most efficient source of fuel. PowerBar® Performance is loaded with 45g of carbohydrates for sustained energy. For best results, eat 30 min. before activity with 8-16 oz. water to aid with the absorption of nutrients and maintain hydration.”
Online store: Buy PowerBar on Amazon #ad
Company: PowerBar Inc.
Categories for this snack:
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
- Nestlé Lion (Poland)
- Clover Valley Chili Cheese Corn Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road