Taste test: PowerBar was the first energy bar, prompting hundreds of imitators as well as variations on the theme from the Powerbar company itself.
Eating this bar reminded me of why the original still beats most of what came after. This bar was soft, dense and flexible, with a sweet peanut flavor, easy to gobble down fast right after exercising. The texture was slightly gritty, but far less so than many energy bars. Oddly, many of the bars in the 24-pack that this one came in were extra-thick but stretched for less than the full length of the wrapper, leaving a half-inch gap at one end.
Shop: Buy PowerBar on Amazon #ad
Smell test: OK, but not like peanut butter.
From the package: “The Original Performance Energy Bar™ ... “Suggested Use: Athletes should consume 60-70% of calories from carbohydrates, the body's most efficient source of fuel. PowerBar® Performance is loaded with 45g of carbohydrates for sustained energy. For best results, eat 30 min. before activity with 8-16 oz. water to aid with the absorption of nutrients and maintain hydration.”
Online store: Buy PowerBar on Amazon #ad
Company: PowerBar Inc.
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Costco. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- Lacta Laka Chocolate Branco
- Cannoli Chips Powdered Sugar
- 7 Select Loco Rollers Habanero + Lime
- Yum Earth Organic Gummy Fruits
- Lay's Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- Wanted Pops Wafer
- Churros Cacau do Brasil
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road