Taste test: This wide energy bar looked from the outside like it contained oats, crisp rice, whole peanuts and broken-up almonds.
One side of the bar looked like it had a clear sugary glaze on it, with a lighter version of the same glaze on the other side. This was definitely a nut-heavy bar, a bit tough to bite into despite the abundance of crisp rice inside. It looked like that glaze was PowerBar's way of trying to add some sweetness to this bar, but it tasted like they failed, as there was really minimal sweetness to balance out the dry taste of the nuts. With all of the non-nuts stuff in the bar, I couldn't really taste the nuts either. The taste wasn't bad, just bland, so this bar was nothing special.
Shop: Buy PowerBar on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Smells mostly like peanuts.
From the package: “10g Protein 0g Trans Fat” ... “Heart Healthy” ... “Simple All-Natural Nutrition” ... “Scientific evidence suggests, but does not prove, that eating 1.5 ounces per day of mixed nuts, such as almonds and peanuts, as part of a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol may reduce the risk of heart disease.”
Online store: Buy PowerBar on Amazon #ad
Company: PowerBar Inc.
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Ocean State Job Lot. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Snickers Peanut Brownie
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road