Taste test: I've never liked Grape Nuts, but for some reason I bought this box of cereal bars anyway.
It's a good thing I did, because unlike Grape Nuts, these bars made from them were pretty good. The bar was mostly made from cereal with some apple pieces and cinnamon added, but somehow they softened up the Grape Nuts and made for a fairly chewy bar, rather than the chewing-on-gravel feeling that you get from eating Grape Nuts cereal. The primary taste was apple, but there was some taste from the various grains in the Grape Nuts too. The taste was on the sweet side, so I looked at the ingredients and found that sugar was listed seven times in various forms (3 as Sugar, 2 as Corn Syrup, 1 as Brown Sugar, 1 as High Maltose Corn Syrup).
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Smells like apple sauce.
From the package: “Good Source of Whole Grain 9g Per Serving” ... “Sometimes you'd like to get more of a good thing. Like the great taste of Post cereals. Made with whole grains and real fruit & nuts, Post To Go Grape-Nuts Trail Mix Crunch and Post To Go Honey Bunches of Oats Cereal Bars give you the wholesomeness you want and the taste you love. Anytime. Anywhere.”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Bars (955 snacks)
- Cinnamon Snacks (161 snacks)
- Snacks containing cereal (158 snacks)
- Apple Snacks (80 snacks)
- Trail Mixes (48 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2008
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road