Taste test: I've never liked Grape Nuts, but for some reason I bought this box of cereal bars anyway.
It's a good thing I did, because unlike Grape Nuts, these bars made from them were pretty good. The bar was mostly made from cereal with some apple pieces and cinnamon added, but somehow they softened up the Grape Nuts and made for a fairly chewy bar, rather than the chewing-on-gravel feeling that you get from eating Grape Nuts cereal. The primary taste was apple, but there was some taste from the various grains in the Grape Nuts too. The taste was on the sweet side, so I looked at the ingredients and found that sugar was listed seven times in various forms (3 as Sugar, 2 as Corn Syrup, 1 as Brown Sugar, 1 as High Maltose Corn Syrup).
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Smells like apple sauce.
From the package: “Good Source of Whole Grain 9g Per Serving” ... “Sometimes you'd like to get more of a good thing. Like the great taste of Post cereals. Made with whole grains and real fruit & nuts, Post To Go Grape-Nuts Trail Mix Crunch and Post To Go Honey Bunches of Oats Cereal Bars give you the wholesomeness you want and the taste you love. Anytime. Anywhere.”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Bars (918 snacks)
- Cinnamon Snacks (154 snacks)
- Snacks containing cereal (149 snacks)
- Apple Snacks (76 snacks)
- Trail Mixes (48 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Save-A-Lot Food Stores. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Takis Blue Heat
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Lay's Wavy Original Potato Chips Dipped in Milk Chocolate
- Stacy's Pita Thins Garlic & Herbs
- Stacy's Pita Thins Five Cheese
- Fragrance Mala Salted Egg Fish Skin
- Smartfood Cap'n Crunch's Crunch Berries Popcorn Mix
- Johnny Apple Treats
- Nestlé Crunch Amendoim
- Walkers Stax Original
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road