Taste test: This version of Pop-Tarts had a promotional tie-in to the popular movie "Cars" from Disney/Pixar.
Each Pop-Tart had a reddish purple frosting covering most of the top side, but the shape of the frosting was more irregular and covered less total area than was shown in the picture on the box. The frosting had embedded inside it some tiny candy pieces that looked like yellow, green and blue cars and black tires. Those pieces were in many cases broken, and they were scattered oddly around the frosting, which contrasted with the unbroken pieces evenly distributed in the picture. There were also some of those candies loose in the bag. The filling was a purplish mixed berry jelly, less sweet than your typical Pop-Tarts, and the taste was pretty good.
Shop: Buy Pop-Tarts on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Wow, quite nice. They smelled like Pop-Tarts with a mixed berry filling, but somehow that turned out to be a very good smell.
From the package: “While Kellogg's® Pop-Tarts® are fully baked and ready-to-eat right from the pouch, if you prefer them warmed, please follow these instructions:” ... “Due to possible risk of fire, never leave your toasting appliance or microwave unattended.”
Online store: Buy Pop-Tarts on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Pop-Tarts (29 snacks)
- Bars (955 snacks)
- Fruit Snacks (444 snacks)
- Breakfast snacks (70 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2007
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published July 2007.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road