Pop-Tarts Dunkin' Donuts Frosted Chocolate Mocha
Taste test: I'm reviewing this Dunkin' Donuts co-branded version of Pop-Tarts (as well as the Vanilla Latte flavor) from the point of view of someone who loves the smell of coffee and enjoys various coffee-related foods such as coffee ice cream — but doesn't actually drink coffee. For the review, I tried one Pop-Tart right out of the package, then a second one toasted.
Untoasted: The Pop-Tart had a medium brown pastry base, with white frosting covering most of the top and some wiggles of beige frosting above that. I bit in to find that there was a thin layer of filling in the center, much darker brown than the pastry. I was surprised by how mild the taste was. There was some chocolate and some coffee to taste, but really not a lot of either. I expected a strong mocha taste, and it just wasn't there.
Toasted: OK, now we're getting somewhere! In addition to giving the Pop-Tart a softer, meltier feel, toasting added a whole lot of flavor. There was a good mix of chocolate and coffee, still not super-strong, but about as strong as I expected. It went well with a glass of cold milk. Pretty good!
Shop: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Fairly mild mocha smell.
From the package: “Limited edition” ... “Naturally & artificially flavored”
Online store: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Pop-Tarts (28 snacks)
- All Dunkin' Donuts (4 snacks)
- Chocolate (1729 snacks)
- Limited Editions (407 snacks)
- Breakfast snacks (68 snacks)
- Coffee Snacks (36 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Takis Blue Heat
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Lay's Wavy Original Potato Chips Dipped in Milk Chocolate
- Smartfood Cap'n Crunch's Crunch Berries Popcorn Mix
- Johnny Apple Treats
- Nestlé Crunch Amendoim
- Walkers Stax Original
- Alexander the Grape
- StarKist Bold Creations Premium Tuna with Rice & Beans
- Tayto Muchos Nacho Cheese
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road