Pop-Tarts Dunkin' Donuts Frosted Chocolate Mocha
Taste test: I'm reviewing this Dunkin' Donuts co-branded version of Pop-Tarts (as well as the Vanilla Latte flavor) from the point of view of someone who loves the smell of coffee and enjoys various coffee-related foods such as coffee ice cream — but doesn't actually drink coffee. For the review, I tried one Pop-Tart right out of the package, then a second one toasted.
Untoasted: The Pop-Tart had a medium brown pastry base, with white frosting covering most of the top and some wiggles of beige frosting above that. I bit in to find that there was a thin layer of filling in the center, much darker brown than the pastry. I was surprised by how mild the taste was. There was some chocolate and some coffee to taste, but really not a lot of either. I expected a strong mocha taste, and it just wasn't there.
Toasted: OK, now we're getting somewhere! In addition to giving the Pop-Tart a softer, meltier feel, toasting added a whole lot of flavor. There was a good mix of chocolate and coffee, still not super-strong, but about as strong as I expected. It went well with a glass of cold milk. Pretty good!
Shop: Buy Pop-Tarts on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Fairly mild mocha smell.
From the package: “Limited edition” ... “Naturally & artificially flavored”
Online store: Buy Pop-Tarts on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Pop-Tarts (29 snacks)
- All Dunkin' Donuts (4 snacks)
- Chocolate (1809 snacks)
- Limited Editions (419 snacks)
- Breakfast snacks (70 snacks)
- Coffee Snacks (41 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2017
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published January 2017.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road