Taste test: As with regular Pop-Tarts, this Crisps version came with two pieces per individual wrapper. The two bar-shaped Crisps combined to be quite a bit less Pop Tart than just one of the standard-size ones. Several years ago, Pop-Tarts had a product called Mini Crisps (in Strawberry and Chocolate versions), which came with many pieces per wrapper, each considerably smaller than this new (non-mini) Crisps kind.
Each piece was about 1-1/2 by 3-1/2 inches and a bit thinner than a standard Pop-Tart, with a pattern of holes going all the way through, mostly covered on top by a sugary glaze, which formed sort of a woven pattern. The bar was light beige in color, with the glaze a slightly darker, lighter in both cases than what was pictured on the box. I bit in to find a slight crunch and a moist feel, thanks to the brown sugar filling, with a nice sweet cinnamon taste overall. The bag contained six of the two-crisp packets, and it was tough to resist eating more than one packet at a time.
Shop: Buy Pop-Tarts on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mild cinnamon toast smell.
From the package: “Not for the toaster” ... “6 - 0.98-oz. (28g) bar pouches/bolsas”
Online store: Buy Pop-Tarts on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Pop-Tarts (29 snacks)
- Cinnamon Snacks (161 snacks)
- Breakfast snacks (70 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2019
This snack was discovered at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published May 2019.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road