The front of the wrapper said "Pecan Date Bar" and you could turn the bar over to read the ingredients on the back, but it would not be the best use of your time, as they used a much larger typeface than you'll usually see for ingredients to list just Dates and Pecans — that's all! folks! I opened the wrapper to find a dark brown bar with some off-white bits that were presumably crushed pecans. I bit in to find a very soft feel and a sweet taste. The bits of pecan were sufficiently small that they didn't add any noticeable crunch, and the flavor came overwhelmingly from the dates. Definitely on the sweet side, but not really too sweet. Pretty good.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mild. Can smell the dates.
From the package: “Ingredients: Dates, Pecans”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Company: New York Date Bar Inc.
Categories for this snack:
- Bars (955 snacks)
- Nuts (513 snacks)
- Fruit Snacks (444 snacks)
- Pecan Snacks (18 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2014
This snack was contributed to Taquitos.net by the manufacturer. Review published August 2014.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road