Taste test: After being surprised to see just six simple ingredients in the first New York Date Bar flavor that we tried, Apple, we were even more surprised by this one: just two ingredients! And from the bar's name, pretty obvious ones.
We peeled open the wrapper to find that the bar had a fairly dark brown color overall, with many bits of crushed cashew visible on the smooth surfaces. We bit in to find a very soft texture, with dates being the main flavor. The bits of cashew didn't add any crunch (it appeared the crunch already happened) and their taste was very subtle compared with the strong, sweet date flavor. If you like the taste of dates, you'll probably like this one. Simple and quite tasty.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice sweet date smell, but not too sweet.
From the package: “Ingredients: Dates, Cashews”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Company: New York Date Bar Inc.
Categories for this snack:
This snack was contributed to Taquitos.net by the manufacturer. Review published May 2014.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
- Nestlé Lion (Poland)
- Clover Valley Chili Cheese Corn Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road