Taste test: This fruit and nut bar had a refreshingly short list of very basic ingredients.
We peeled it open to find a fairly smooth surfaces with several easy-to-identify elements — we could see chunks of apple and pieces of almond or walnut, and the rest of the dark surface was assumed to be the dates and raisins. We bit in to find a soft but fairly dense feel, with a sweet taste of apples. We have no reason to doubt that there were dates and raisins in there too, but apples seemed to dominate the taste. We could certainly see the nuts, but they weren't all that noticeable in the texture — no crunch — or taste. A good bar, fruity and sweet, without being too sweet.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Not much, but could smell some apple, or maybe date.
From the package: “Ingredients: Dates, Apples, Raisins, Walnuts, Almonds, Cinnamon”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Company: New York Date Bar Inc.
Categories for this snack:
This snack was contributed to Taquitos.net by the manufacturer. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Takis Blue Heat
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Lay's Wavy Original Potato Chips Dipped in Milk Chocolate
- Smartfood Cap'n Crunch's Crunch Berries Popcorn Mix
- Johnny Apple Treats
- Nestlé Crunch Amendoim
- Walkers Stax Original
- Alexander the Grape
- StarKist Bold Creations Premium Tuna with Rice & Beans
- Tayto Muchos Nacho Cheese
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road