Taste test: The "Almond Crunch" name of these bars was a bit deceptive, as a closer examination of the box revealed that in addition to almonds, the bars contained peanuts and sunflower seeds.
Each bar was Pay Day-like, in that it was one solid crunchy block of nuts, held together by a sugary glaze, and not chewy at all. The almonds were bigger and darker in color than the peanuts and sunflower seeds, so they stood out visually, but it appeared that by volume the bar was actually more than 50% peanuts. In terms of numbers, there were far more peanuts than almonds. The taste was good, a nice mix of salty and sweet, and I was definitely able to taste both the peanuts and the almonds.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mostly a salted peanut smell, but slightly sweet. Pretty good.
From the package: “Looking to increase your protein? Enjoy this satisfying bar packed with the natural health benefits of whole roasted nuts.” ... “7 grams of protein”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Company: General Mills
Categories for this snack:
This snack was contributed to Taquitos.net by the manufacturer. Review published April 2008.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road