Taste test: It's funny that granola bars like this one are still around, because it seems like this was the original granola bar way back when they first emerged in the 1970s. There have been many revolutions in energy bars since then, but aside from a fancier package, this bar stayed very much the same. Nature Valley completely bypassed the whole chewy granola bars revolution of the 1980s.
The wrapper contained two thin bars, stacked right on top of each other. I grabbed one of the bars and bit in to find that it was indeed quite crunchy, but the feel was less hard and more brittle than I remembered, which was nice. The taste was quite good too, mildly sweet and a with a nice mix of grains. The brittleness did make for quite a lot of granola crumbs, so you might want to be extra careful eating one of these, or eat it over a plate, to avoid making a mess. But this was a very tasty bar.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mildly sweet, like sweetened oats.
From the package: “16g of whole grain” ... “Official granola bar of PGA Tour and US Ski Team”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Company: General Mills
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy. Review published March 2015.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
- Nestlé Lion (Poland)
- Clover Valley Chili Cheese Corn Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road