Taste test: This short, stubby energy bar appeared at first to have quite a few layers of stuff.
The bottom half of the bar looked to be all chocolate, while the top half was a gritty mix of soy crisps and other things, and the top was a layer of chocolate covered by crushed peanuts. But when I bit in, it seemed looks were deceiving: The bottom half was largely the same as the top half, as the chocolate was just a thin coating. The feel was dense and a bit on the gritty side. There wasn't much in the way of caramel to feel or taste, but there was some chocolate and peanuts to go along with the soy crisps that made up the majority of the bar. Having this with some cold milk made it far better than without, as the gritty feel was something I wanted to wash away. Tolerable.
Shop: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Not really that much like peanut butter or caramel, but still pretty good.
From the package: “Includes Metamyosyn® Protein!” ... “New fun size! Same big taste” ... “Naturally flavored”
Online store: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Company: MET-Rx Nutrition, Inc.
Categories for this snack:
- Chocolate (1809 snacks)
- Bars (956 snacks)
- Nuts (513 snacks)
- Caramel Snacks (345 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2014
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road