Taste test: This bar lived up to its promises of transparency, as the wrapper had a large window revealing whole (and some nearly whole) almonds plus large strips of coconut, some small bits of puffed rice and not much else besides maybe the sweeteners that held it all together.
We peeled open the wrapper and bit in to find a very chewy feel, with occasional moments of semi-crunch from the almonds. The dominant flavor was coconut, though the almonds were noticeable too. It was a good mix, with quite a bit of coconut, but not too much, and a lot of sweetness, yet it wasn't overwhelmingly sweet. Even the coconut texture (which I'm often not a fan of) was a bit subdued. The outside of the rather amorphous bar was sticky, but that didn't matter much, as I was able to hold it by the wrapper and keep my fingers clean. Pretty tasty, a nice way to deliver almonds and coconut.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Sweet coconut smell. Nice.
From the package: “All Natural” ... “Gluten & wheat free” ... “Low glycemic index (46)” ... “4g fiber” ... “Non GMO & no trans fats” ... “Dairy free” ... “Very low sodium” ... “No sulphur dioxide” ... “Do the KIND Thing — for your body, your taste buds & the world!®” ... “Wholesome all natural ingredients you can see and pronounce™” ... “May contain nut shell fragments.”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Company: KIND, LLC
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy. Review published November 2013.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road