Taste test: This snack shared Jif's new Power Ups brand name with their Creamy Clusters, but really it was a different thing in nearly every way. The box contained five individually wrapped bars, each with a full coating of chocolate on the bottom, with chocolate drizzles on the sides and top that let most of the granola base show through.
I bit in to find a dense, chewy feel with a bit of grittiness, and the interior seemed to consist of somewhat crushed peanuts, plus the usual granola stuff. They put "peanut butter" in the name, but I couldn't really notice any. So the bar lacked the crunch of the Clusters' granola exterior, as well as the smoothness of their peanut butter center. Not a standout among granola bars, nor among chocolate-and-PB snacks. Meh.
Shop: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice mix of peanut butter and chocolate.
From the package: “Peanut-packed” ... “Chewy yumminess” ... “Say hello to Jif® Power Ups® — the perfect snack that starts with peanuts. Packed with goodness and go-to deliciousness, everyone wins with Jif Power Ups granola bars.”
Online store: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Company: J.M. Smucker Co.
Categories for this snack:
- Chocolate (1806 snacks)
- Bars (955 snacks)
- Nuts (513 snacks)
- Peanut Butter Snacks (348 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2019
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
- Nestlé Lion (Poland)
- Clover Valley Chili Cheese Corn Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road