Taste test: This snack shared Jif's new Power Ups brand name with their Creamy Clusters, but really it was a different thing in nearly every way. The box contained five individually wrapped bars, each with a full coating of chocolate on the bottom, with chocolate drizzles on the sides and top that let most of the granola base show through.
I bit in to find a dense, chewy feel with a bit of grittiness, and the interior seemed to consist of somewhat crushed peanuts, plus the usual granola stuff. They put "peanut butter" in the name, but I couldn't really notice any. So the bar lacked the crunch of the Clusters' granola exterior, as well as the smoothness of their peanut butter center. Not a standout among granola bars, nor among chocolate-and-PB snacks. Meh.
Shop: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice mix of peanut butter and chocolate.
From the package: “Peanut-packed” ... “Chewy yumminess” ... “Say hello to Jif® Power Ups® — the perfect snack that starts with peanuts. Packed with goodness and go-to deliciousness, everyone wins with Jif Power Ups granola bars.”
Online store: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Company: J.M. Smucker Co.
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered at Shaw's at Boston University. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Takis Blue Heat
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Lay's Wavy Original Potato Chips Dipped in Milk Chocolate
- Lacta Laka Diamante Negro
- Pap's Genuine Beef Jerky Blazin Cajun Style Thin Cut
- Trader Joe's Sea Salted Saddle Potato Crisps
- StarKist Tuna Creations Sweet & Spicy
- Jack Link's White Meat Chicken Tender Bites Original
- Krispy Kreme Doughnuts Mini Crullers Original Glazed
- Trader Joe's Organic Milk Chocolate Truffle
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road