Taste test: This bar only loosely resembled a granola bar, as it had a dark beige/brown exterior that looked kind of like a brownie, except with some oats (but not a lot) on the surface.
There were some darker spots that probably were the raspberries, but really nothing that actually resembled a raspberry. I bit in to find a nice soft texture with a pleasant chocolate and raspberry taste. In addition to the oats, there were some finely crushed walnuts. These elements added a bit of grittiness to the bar, but not much. It was a bit on the sweet side, so I'd recommend a cold beverage such as milk to help wash it down.
Shop: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mild raspberry smell, good.
From the package: “the natural antioxidant power of cocoa” ... “This product contains CocoaOne™: our unique blend of African cocoa and a premium Meso-American variety known as Lavado, the king of all cocoa varieties, with natural antioxidant power and a delicious flavor all its own.”
Online store: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Company: Apure Foods Co.
Categories for this snack:
This snack was contributed to Taquitos.net by the manufacturer. Review published July 2012.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road