Taste test: This bar boasted an unusually short list of ingredients (just four) with dates apparently constituting the bulk of the brown-colored bar, plus crushed almonds and peanuts scattered throughout.
I bit in to find a very soft texture, not gritty, so not typical of energy bars at all. The mix of dates and nuts was tasty, but it didn't like dates and seemed only remotely like peanut butter, despite the name. Sugar wasn't one of those four ingredients, so the sweetness apparently all came from the dates. Although it was less sweet than most bars, it was still plenty sweet, with a mix of saltiness from the nuts. A big change from the usual energy bars in lots of ways — and pretty good.
Shop: Buy Clif Bars on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mild peanut smell.
From the package: “4 ingredients: Organic Dates, Organic Peanuts, Organic Almonds, Sea Salt.”
Online store: Buy Clif Bars on Amazon #ad
Company: Clif Bar, Inc.
Categories for this snack:
This snack was contributed to Taquitos.net by the manufacturer. Review published August 2012.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
- Nestlé Lion (Poland)
- Clover Valley Chili Cheese Corn Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road