Taste test: This bar boasted an unusually short list of ingredients (just four) with dates apparently constituting the bulk of the brown-colored bar, plus crushed almonds and peanuts scattered throughout.
I bit in to find a very soft texture, not gritty, so not typical of energy bars at all. The mix of dates and nuts was tasty, but it didn't like dates and seemed only remotely like peanut butter, despite the name. Sugar wasn't one of those four ingredients, so the sweetness apparently all came from the dates. Although it was less sweet than most bars, it was still plenty sweet, with a mix of saltiness from the nuts. A big change from the usual energy bars in lots of ways — and pretty good.
Shop: Buy Clif Bars on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mild peanut smell.
From the package: “4 ingredients: Organic Dates, Organic Peanuts, Organic Almonds, Sea Salt.”
Online store: Buy Clif Bars on Amazon #ad
Company: Clif Bar, Inc.
Categories for this snack:
This snack was contributed to Taquitos.net by the manufacturer. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- StarKist Creations Microwavables Tuna Latin Citrus
- Elite Caramel
- Passatempo Sabor Chocolate
- StarKist Tuna Creations Ranch
- Elite PesekZman Wafer Rolls
- Walkers Stax Sour Cream & Onion
- Toppo Cheese Tart
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road