Taste test: The "Chocolate & Sea Salt" description on the wrapper of this bar had me expecting some sort of chocolate-based bar, but I opened it to find that it looked more like a granola bar with some small chocolate chips. But in terms of color, it was definitely not your typical granola bar. A look at the ingredients revealed that the bar was made from various seeds, oats and dark chocolate.
I bit in to find a soft, moist feel, just a little bit gritty (maybe from the oats) with a nice mildly sweet taste. It didn't look like there was that much chocolate in relation to the other stuff, but there actually was a lot of chocolate to taste, and the chocolate mixed well with the various seeds. It tasted quite good.
Shop: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Sweet mix of fruit and bit of chocolate.
From the package: “Growing up on an 88-acre farm sparked my passion for healthy, real food. Having a husband with severe food allergies helped me understand the challenges of finding food that is safe, healthy, and delicious. To make things easier for our house, and yours, we've created delicious, healthy snacks, free of the most common allergens.”
Online store: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Company: 88 Acres
Categories for this snack:
- Chocolate (1806 snacks)
- Bars (955 snacks)
- Sea Salt Chips (235 snacks)
- Seeds (70 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2015
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road