Snyder's of Hanover Wholey Cheese! Smoked Gouda
Taste test: For Snyder's of Hanover's entry into the cheese cracker game dominated by Cheez-Its, they decided to change the rules. The biggest change — and the whole idea behind this Wholey Cheese name — was to add holes to the crackers. It certainly gave them a distinct look! (The look was a bit incongruous in the case of this flavor, since Gouda does not have holes like Swiss cheese, but there is another flavor with Swiss that we'll try soon.) They also changed the main ingredient, as these were potato-baed, rather than mostly wheat. Each piece was roughly square, kind of like a Cheez-It, but slightly bigger, hollow and puffier than Cheez-Its. They had a pale yellow color, with some occasional slightly darker spots.
I crunched in to find that the outside shell was very thin and had a nice light, crispy crunch, and there was quite a lot of tasty Gouda flavor. The light feel made it easy to eat lots of them in rapid succession. Very good!
Shop: Buy crackers on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Smells like Gouda!
From the package: “I'm airy, crispy & baked! I'm made with real cheese and better ingredients” ... “I'm 28% less fat than the leading brand of cheese cracker”
Online store: Buy crackers on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Snyder's of Hanover (67 snacks)
- Snacks Shaped Like Things (386 snacks)
- Cheese Crackers (118 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Market Basket. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch Treats
- Speedy Choice Kettle Cooked Sweet Thai Chili Premium Waffle Chips
- Danix Choco-Choco
- Hide & Seek Black Bourbon Crème Sandwich Vanilla
- Krackjack Butter Masala
- Trolli Sour Watermelon Sharks
- StarKist Bold Tuna Creations Hot Buffalo Style
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road