Snyder's of Hanover Wholey Cheese! Smoked Gouda
Taste test: For Snyder's of Hanover's entry into the cheese cracker game dominated by Cheez-Its, they decided to change the rules. The biggest change — and the whole idea behind this Wholey Cheese name — was to add holes to the crackers. It certainly gave them a distinct look! (The look was a bit incongruous in the case of this flavor, since Gouda does not have holes like Swiss cheese, but there is another flavor with Swiss that we'll try soon.) They also changed the main ingredient, as these were potato-baed, rather than mostly wheat. Each piece was roughly square, kind of like a Cheez-It, but slightly bigger, hollow and puffier than Cheez-Its. They had a pale yellow color, with some occasional slightly darker spots.
I crunched in to find that the outside shell was very thin and had a nice light, crispy crunch, and there was quite a lot of tasty Gouda flavor. The light feel made it easy to eat lots of them in rapid succession. Very good!
Shop: Buy crackers on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Smells like Gouda!
From the package: “I'm airy, crispy & baked! I'm made with real cheese and better ingredients” ... “I'm 28% less fat than the leading brand of cheese cracker”
Online store: Buy crackers on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Snyder's of Hanover (70 snacks)
- Snacks Shaped Like Things (395 snacks)
- Cheese Crackers (119 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2017
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road