Oishi Prawn Crackers Spicy Flavor
Taste test: These prawn crackers were shaped kind of like crinkle-cut fries, though the crinkles on the actual fries were more subtle than the ones pictured on the front of the bag.
We crunched in to find a light crunch, middling density and good crispness, with a kick of fairly strong heat upon crunching in. The heat calmed down after that, leaving way for the shrimp to dominate, and there was a lot of flavor from both the shrimp and the various starches (which included wheat, tapioca, corn and potato), though the shrimp was stronger than the grains. The heat did return a bit in the aftertaste.
We shared these with lots of snackers after getting together for a morning run, and some of them were a bit skeptical of any seafood snacks, but even many of those folks enjoyed the taste.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice mix of shrimp and hot peppers.
From the package: “Only natural shrimps” ... “Fresh Shrimps: Live shrimps are harvested and frozen to lock-in freshness until the day it is made into your favorite prawn crackers.”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from the Philippines (62 reviews)
- Hot Snacks (1061 snacks)
- Fries (147 snacks)
- Shrimp/Prawn (44 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2015
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
- Jacob's Baked Crinklys Cheese & Onion
- Trolli Sour Crunchy Crawlers
- Yupi Gople Con Todo Original
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road