Oishi Prawn Crackers Spicy Flavor
Taste test: These prawn crackers were shaped kind of like crinkle-cut fries, though the crinkles on the actual fries were more subtle than the ones pictured on the front of the bag.
We crunched in to find a light crunch, middling density and good crispness, with a kick of fairly strong heat upon crunching in. The heat calmed down after that, leaving way for the shrimp to dominate, and there was a lot of flavor from both the shrimp and the various starches (which included wheat, tapioca, corn and potato), though the shrimp was stronger than the grains. The heat did return a bit in the aftertaste.
We shared these with lots of snackers after getting together for a morning run, and some of them were a bit skeptical of any seafood snacks, but even many of those folks enjoyed the taste.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice mix of shrimp and hot peppers.
From the package: “Only natural shrimps” ... “Fresh Shrimps: Live shrimps are harvested and frozen to lock-in freshness until the day it is made into your favorite prawn crackers.”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from the Philippines (62 reviews)
- Hot Snacks (1024 snacks)
- Seafood Snacks (152 snacks)
- Fries (146 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at H Mart, Cambridge/Burlington, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- Speedy Choice Kettle Cooked Sweet Thai Chili Premium Waffle Chips
- Danix Choco-Choco
- Hide & Seek Black Bourbon Crème Sandwich Vanilla
- Krackjack Butter Masala
- Trolli Sour Watermelon Sharks
- StarKist Bold Tuna Creations Hot Buffalo Style
- Lacta Laka Chocolate Branco
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road