Bible Bread with Onion & Poppy
Taste test: These small, round crackers were each about an inch in diameter and had ruffled edges and a pattern of seven holes, with various shades of beige on the surfaces plus small some bits of green embedded into the dough. Based on the description on the bag, this was supposed to be unleavened, kind of like matzo (though, curiously, they didn't use the word matzo).
We crunched in to find that it was quite dense, which seemed to make the unleavened part ring true, and it actually did taste a lot like matzo. The bits of onion and poppy gave a slight change to the matzo taste, and the shape was quite different than the convention sheets of matzo, but it still did taste a lot like matzo. Nothing we'd go out of our way to eat (as with matzo) but not bad.
Shop: Buy crackers on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mildly oniony.
From the package: “Gourmet Crispbread” ... “Bible Bread® is inspired by a 3,000 year old baking tradition. The Israelites, in their exodus from Egypt, prepared unleavened bread to sustain them in their hurried journey to freedom. To the traditional recipe we have added biblical seasonings and herbs, to create the delicious flavors of Bible Bread®.”
Online store: Buy crackers on Amazon #ad
Company: IGMA, Inc.
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Tony's Country Life, Brooklyn. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Banshee Bones
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Granny Goose Tortillos
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Godiva Signature Milk Chocolate 8 Mini Bars
- Good & Smart Potato Crisps Sour Cream & Onion
- Lipo Mini Roll Strawberry Flavor
- Rice Krispies Treats SpongeBob Limited Edition
- Taco Bell Cheddar Crisps Nacho Flavor
- Utz Pourables Mini Cheddar Cheese Balls
- 7-Select Creamy Caramel Peanut Butter Cups
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road