Bible Bread with Onion & Poppy
Taste test: These small, round crackers were each about an inch in diameter and had ruffled edges and a pattern of seven holes, with various shades of beige on the surfaces plus small some bits of green embedded into the dough. Based on the description on the bag, this was supposed to be unleavened, kind of like matzo (though, curiously, they didn't use the word matzo).
We crunched in to find that it was quite dense, which seemed to make the unleavened part ring true, and it actually did taste a lot like matzo. The bits of onion and poppy gave a slight change to the matzo taste, and the shape was quite different than the convention sheets of matzo, but it still did taste a lot like matzo. Nothing we'd go out of our way to eat (as with matzo) but not bad.
Shop: Buy crackers on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mildly oniony.
From the package: “Gourmet Crispbread” ... “Bible Bread® is inspired by a 3,000 year old baking tradition. The Israelites, in their exodus from Egypt, prepared unleavened bread to sustain them in their hurried journey to freedom. To the traditional recipe we have added biblical seasonings and herbs, to create the delicious flavors of Bible Bread®.”
Online store: Buy crackers on Amazon #ad
Company: IGMA, Inc.
Categories for this snack:
- Crackers (235 snacks)
- Onion Snacks (114 snacks)
- Seeds (71 snacks)
- Bread Snacks (19 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2014
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road