Taste test: Just a week after discovering the Peppermint Bark Oreos, we happened upon these store-brand cookies, which promised to add a candy cane flavor to the chocolate sandwich cookies (and as flavors go, candy cane doesn't sound all that different from peppermint bark). Colorwise, the cookies looked like standard Oreo-style sandwiches, with black cookies and a white filling. The cookie faces had some floral-like design elements around the edges that were a lot like what's on an Oreo, but the most noticeable part of the design was the stylized W (as in Wegmans) that looked kind of like a heart shape when it was upside-down.
I bit in to find a great mix of chocolate and mint, with a similar crunch and texture to Oreos, very nice. One thing that the Peppermint Bark Oreos featured that these did not was some tiny red sugary bits in the creme that added a bit of crunch. These cookies didn't claim to have any such bits, but the weird thing was that I felt some additional crunch as if they did. I opened up some cookies to lick off the creme to see if there was something in there, but there didn't seem to be. Maybe it was in the cookies, though I couldn't see anything. Anyway, these were quite good!
Shop: Buy cookies on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Great chocolate mint smell. Very minty.
From the package: “Chocolate sandwich peppermint crème cookies”
Online store: Buy cookies on Amazon #ad
Company: Wegmans Food Markets, Inc.
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Wegmans. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
- Frooze Balls Peanut Butter & Jelly
- 7-Select Strawberry Jelly Peanut Butter Cups
- Bumble Bee Seafoods Wild Caught Tuna Roasted Garlic & Herb
- Lil' Dutch Maid Iced Oatmeal Cookies
- Monet Vegetable Entertainer Crackers
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road